This quick and easy recipe is rich in nutrients and free of any egg or nut. It’s the perfectly allergy-friendly meal for when hunger strikes.
– 15 oz can chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
– 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
– 1 lemon, juice only
– 1 cup baby spinach leaves
– 8 slices ripe tomato
– 2 whole wheat pitas, halved and opened
– Salt and pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine chickpeas and avocado using a fork or masher until well-combined but still chunky. Add lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange spinach and tomato in pita. Place 1/5 mixture of salad into each pita and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts: Calories 240; Total Fat 7 g (Sat 1 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 1 g, Mono 4 g); Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 400 mg; Potassium 370 mg; Total Carbohydrates 36 g; Dietary Fiber 10 g; Total Sugars 2 g; Protein 9 g. Serves 4.