Community Physician Referral Program
The St. Barnabas Community Physician Referral Office is dedicated to expediting access to services for physicians in our community. The office is located in the Hospital’s senior administrative area and functions as a liaison, smoothing the way for referring physicians and their patients at St. Barnabas.
Our Community Physician Referral Office is bilingual and bicultural; Spanish is spoken and staff have an understanding and awareness of the diverse aspects of Hispanic cultures.
We provide referring physicians with a dependable point of contact who will oversee all of their patients’ clinical needs including:
- Hospitalization — Utilize our hospitalist program or admit your patients directly.
- Specialty services
- Radiology and lab services
- Preventative screenings
- Supportive services that may not be available in an office setting
How We Can Assist Physicians in Our Community
When your patient is referred to St. Barnabas you will find that we will provide you with the following:
- Ongoing communication and feedback during your patient’s hospitalization.
- Ease of access and follow-up by phone and electronic communications
- Immediate clinical results for diagnostic services
- A liaison between emergency room visits and hospital admission
- Expedited access to needed appointments and follow-ups
- Physician-to-physician liaison concerning critical patient issues
St. Barnabas Hospital
4422 Third Avenue
Braker Building, 4th floor
Bronx, NY 10457