Dear Incoming Resident:
Welcome to SBH Health System. Open House for processing will take place from April 10, 2017 through April 28, 2017. You are required to attend the Open House on one of the business days during this period. The Open House will be held in the Human Resources Department located on the second floor of the Mills Building. Please stop by between the hours of 10:00 AM -12:00 PM or 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM. During the process, you will be asked to submit all the information listed below. In order to assist you better, please make sure that all of the “Required Documents” are filled out prior to the Open House. If you are out of the area during this period, please call me at the phone number listed below to make an appointment.
You must bring Identification that satisfies the form I-9 to the Open House. You must bring one piece of identification from Column A OR One piece of identification from Column B and one piece of identification from Column C. Please see the attached list of acceptable documents. If you do not have your original Social Security Card, you must apply for one in advance and bring the receipt to the Open House. To expedite the process, please apply for your Social Security card at your local Servicing Office. If you have questions regarding Social Security, please call (800) 772-1213. Your paperwork cannot be processed unless you have a Social Security number. If you currently live out of state, please leave your address blank or provide us with the local address (New York, New Jersey, Connecticut) you will be using to receive mail.
Please note that you will not be able to start working until you are completely processed. Any failure to comply may cause a delay in the commencement of your residency program. In addition, you will not receive a pay check until you are processed and entered in the payroll system. It is therefore important that you provide all requested documentation in a timely manner and ensure that all appointments are kept. Please contact me to schedule your pre-employment health assessment/physical for the week of the Open House.
Please click on the links below to download and review the forms that must be completed prior to your start date. In order to allow you to start working at SBH Health System, we require the following:
Completion of the Benefit Enrollment Forms
- Empire Enrollment Form (Medical & Dental Benefits) (If you are adding your eligible dependents, you are required to bring your marriage license for your spouse and birth certificate for each dependent child).
- First Reliance Beneficiary Form (Group Life Insurance and AD&D). These coverages are provided at no cost.
- Flexible Spending Account Forms (Health, Dependent Care, Transit, Parking) – Pre-Tax Deduction and is voluntary
Completion of Personnel Documents
- AOA Form
Completion of Government Forms
Non-US Residents only (Please bring the following originals to Open House, if applicable)
- Employment Authorization Card
- Resident Alien Card
- J-1 Visa & IAP66
- Trade NAFTA
- H-1 Visa
Other Documents (Please bring original to Open House)
- Limited Permit (Need Child Abuse Course for Permit eligibility) – Podiatry and Dental Anesthesiology only
- Degree or Transcript
- Picture ID/Passport (Please refer to I-9 requirements)
- Social Security Card (Please refer to I-9 requirements)
- Medical (Empire Direct POS) – Employee and employer cost share based on tier selected and annual salary
- Dental (Delta Dental) – Free to employee if medical insurance is elected
- Vision (Empire Blue Vision) – Voluntary plan with pre-tax employee deductions
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health, Dependent Care, Parking & Transit) – Voluntary plans with pre-tax employee deductions
- First Reliance Standard (Life Insurance & AD&D and Short Term Disability [STD]) – Employer paid coverages
- Voluntary Coverages for Long Term Disability (First Reliance Standard), Voluntary Life Insurance (Farmington), Voluntary STD (UNUM). Note these plans are voluntary and are available to augment your currents benefits offerings provided by SBH
- Legal Services – Provided by CIRSEIU
- 8403(b) Retirement Plan (Lincoln Financial) – Voluntary pre- tax employee deductions
- Gym Reimbursement
- Time Off
- Vacation – 4 weeks per year, 5 weeks after 5 years of continuous service
- Elective – 4 days per year; 1 accrued each quarter completion
- Sick – 12 per year
- Holidays – 8 per year
You will be provided instructions to register in the ADP Portal https://portal.adp.com which allows access to your paystubs, W-2s, benefits election data, etc.
You can reach the Human Resources at (718) 960-6502. Please call with any questions. We wish you much success at SBH Health System.
Talent Acquisition & Retention Team