All visitors must follow the following guidelines to ensure a safe environment for SBH patients, staff members, and visitors:
- Each Patient is permitted two visitors per day.
- All visitors and vendors must wear a mask:
- If the visitor does not have a mask, he or she will be provided one.
- All visitors must practice social distancing, remaining 6 feet apart.
- As per the Department of Health, all visitors must be screened and registered before visiting.
- If passed the screening, visitor will receive a VISITOR PASS and a COLORED BRACELET (must be worn at all times) while in the hospital.
- Visitors must report directly to the unit’s nursing station.
- Nursing staff will explain to the visitor the importance in social distancing, hand hygiene, the use of PPE, the risks of being exposed to COVID while visiting, and provide any additional PPE if needed.
- All visitors must/should:
- Practice hand hygiene prior to entering and leaving patient’s room.
- Keep their mask on at all times while in the hospital.
- Practice social distancing (remain at least 6 feet apart).
- Be aware of potential risks of being exposed to COVID-19 while visiting.
- Visitors must remain in the patient’s room.
- Visits are limited to 6 hours from 2 pm – 8 pm.
- Kane 2 and Kane 3: Visitation for Kane units will be for one visitor only and will from 2 pm – 3 pm and 7 pm – 8 pm.
- All visitors who fail to wear a face mask and other PPE will be asked to leave the facility.
SBH Policy “During Covid-19 Pandemic Inpatient Visitation”
Policy revised on June 21st, 2021
for Inpatient and Emergency Department Visitation
DISCLAIMER: For more details about specific areas, such as Labor & Delivery and Pediatrics, call 718-960-9000.
Policy for Outpatient Appointments and Procedures
Main Hospital Outpatient Appointments
- All patients are to enter through the hospital’s Ambulatory Surgery entrance.
- All patients and companions must wear a face mask, practice social distancing, handwashing and wear any other Protective Personal Equipment as required.
- Anyone who fails to wear a face mask and other Protective Personal Equipment will be asked to leave the facility.
- Patients for outpatient appointments including procedures and surgery may have one companion.
- Companions may NOT be present during procedures and recovery room except for pediatrics, childbirth, and patients with an intellectual, developmental, or other cognitive disability.
- Due to the limited Waiting Room availability, patients undergoing same day procedures/surgery will need an adult escort available to accompany them home but not to wait for them onsite. They should bring the contact information for their escort on the surgical/ procedural day. We will contact the patient’s escort when the patient is ready to be discharged and transport the patient directly to the Waiting Room for discharge.
- To help maintain social distancing, patients and their companion if they have one are asked to come on time for their appointment as scheduled. Please do not arrive early as we do not have the Waiting Room space.
- Everyone must undergo symptom and temperature checks before entering the facility, and shall be denied entry if they report significant COVID-19 exposure or symptoms during the prior 10 days or have a temperature over 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once screened, the patient must go directly to register and then to his or her appointment.
- Do not go anywhere else in the hospital.
- If the patient does NOT pass the screening process, the patient may not enter.
- Patients who present with or develop symptoms of COVID-19 will be asked to leave. The clinic should be notified or they should be told to contact the physician/call center.