Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped leeks (white and pale green parts only)
- 1 12-ounce bunch thin asparagus, trimmed, cut on diagonal
- into 1-inch pieces (about 2 . cups)
- 1 cup sliced stemmed mushrooms
- 10 large eggs (4 whole–with yolk; 6 whites–without yolk)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Heat oil in heavy broiler-proof 10-inch-diameter nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add leeks and saut. 4 minutes.
- Add asparagus and shiitake mushrooms and saute until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Whisk whole eggs and egg whites together with mozzarella cheese and teaspoon pepper in medium bowl. Add egg mixture to skillet and cook until almost set (top may still be slightly runny).
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over eggs and place under broiler until frittata is puffed and cheese begins to turn golden, about 3 minutes.
- Cut into 4 wedges and serve. If having as a snack, cut frittata into 8 wedges.
Serving Size: Meal; per serving, if cut into 4 wedges.
- Calories: 284
- Total Fat: 16.7g
- Saturated: 5.4g
- Cholesterol: 265mg
- Sodium: 355mg
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 4.25g
- Protein: 30.5g