- 1 (4-pound) cantaloupe,
- seeded and cut into 1-inch
- cubes (about 8 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar or sugar
- substitute (Splenda, Equal, Sweet-n-Low or agave nectar)
- 1 quart chilled club soda or seltzer
1) Purée cantaloupe in batches with water in a blender.
2) Transfer to a colander lined with a kitchen towel (not terry cloth) or fine cheesecloth over a deep bowl and let drain 1 hour.
3) Gather ends of towel and very gently squeeze any remaining juice from melon.
4) Discard solids.
5) Stir in lime juice, sugar, and 1/8 teaspoon salt and chill 1 hour.
6) Divide among 8 (10-ounce) glasses and top off with club soda.
Garnish with lime wedges or melon slices. Serves 8.