We have updated our visitors’ policies to insure a safe environment for our patients and visitors during the latest COVID-19 surge.
Due to the increased cases of COVID-19, all visitors are prohibited across SBH Health System with the following exceptions:
These policies are subject to change as we continue to closely monitor the situation. We greatly appreciate your cooperation.
Policy revised on March 13th, 2022
for Inpatient and Emergency Department Visitation
DISCLAIMER: For more details about specific areas, such as Labor & Delivery and Pediatrics, call 718-960-9000.
Policy for Virtual Visits
- The use of audio/visual communication technology is permitted by patients from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. for direct communication between patients and loved ones.
- No recording of non-consenting patients, staff, and visitors in patient rooms is permitted.
- The device cannot be used in common areas of the hospital, like hallways and waiting areas.
- The device must be turned off during direct patient care, including personal care and medical interventions, as well as quiet times
Policy for Outpatient Appointments and Procedures
Main Hospital Outpatient Appointments
- All patients are to enter through the hospital’s Ambulatory Surgery entrance.
- All patients and companions must wear a face mask, practice social distancing, hand washing and wear any other Protective Personal Equipment as required.
- Anyone who fails to wear a face mask and other Protective Personal Equipment will be asked to leave the facility.
- Patients for outpatient appointments including procedures and surgery may have one companion.
- Companions may NOT be present during procedures and recovery room except for pediatrics, childbirth, and patients with an intellectual, developmental, or other cognitive disability.
- Due to the limited Waiting Room availability, patients undergoing same day procedures/surgery will need an adult escort available to accompany them home but not to wait for them onsite. They should bring the contact information for their escort on the surgical/ procedural day. We will contact the patient’s escort when the patient is ready to be discharged and transport the patient directly to the Waiting Room for discharge.
- To help maintain social distancing, patients and their companion if they have one are asked to come on time for their appointment as scheduled. Please do not arrive early as we do not have the Waiting Room space.
- Everyone must undergo symptom and temperature checks before entering the facility, and shall be denied entry if they report significant COVID-19 exposure or symptoms during the prior 10 days or have a temperature over 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once screened, the patient must go directly to register and then to his or her appointment.
- Do not go anywhere else in the hospital.
- If the patient does NOT pass the screening process, the patient may not enter.
- Patients who present with or develop symptoms of COVID-19 will be asked to leave. The clinic should be notified or they should be told to contact the physician/call center.